This position reports to Lead Floor Tech. Requires knowledge of general and floor maintenance chemicals and supplies. . Floor Technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surfaces and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction) of areas that include offices, class rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas. Other required duties may be assigned by the supervisor such as general maintenance and special detail crew responsibilities.
Must follow instructions, both single and multiple. Must demonstrate proper safety procedures, respect for equipment client personnel and patrons. Must be capable of moderately independent work. Must be able and willing to perform the essential functions.
All staff subject to position demotion and/ or termination if an absorbent amount of emails start to come in regarding the floor, facility or assignment that they are responsible for.
- This job requires the use of specialized, power equipment.
- Obey all safety requirements and procedures at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use.
- Secure the work area and post proper safety notices for other users of the space prior to beginning work.
- Floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surface floors and stairwells.
- Vacuuming, shampooing, and extracting carpets, stairwells and upholstery.
- Wall Cleaning. Dusting (high and low). Routine restroom cleaning.
- Periodic cleaning of the above as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain and keep clean equipment, work and storage areas.
- Other duties as assigned by management or office support.
- Note: This is not a full list of on going responsibilities. Responsibilities can change with little or no notice.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Requires 3+ years experience in floor care.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and carry a 12lb backpack vacuum cleaner.
- Physically able to be on your feet during and entire shift; walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching pulling, pushing, kneeling, & crouching.
- Must be willing & able to work in damp, dusty & soiled areas & clean up human waste & other body fluids as necessary.
- Must have ability to work with little to no supervision & be able to independently determine task to complete on a daily basis.
- knowledge of all floor types including stone & specialty flooring and chemicals.
- Knowledge of carpet care and chemicals
- Must be willing & able to be exposed to dirt, dust, disinfectant, solvents or cleaning chemicals.
- Report to jobsite everyday as scheduled
- Follow company rules and regulations
- Take pride in the results of your work
- Comply with dress code and follow directions.
- Complete job in timely manner.
- Respect staff, management and patrons